Monday, October 14, 2013

Celebrity fashion boutique opens at Colony Shopping Center

Trish Bennett ditched her former job working in claims for State Farm insurance to open a celebrity-inspired women's clothing boutique on Selwyn Ave.

"This is my first store," said Trish Bennett, owner of doll. (a boutique). "I love it. I'm so glad that I did this. If I didn't do this, I would always wonder."


Doll is one of several new, locally-owned stores at the renovated Colony Shopping Center, including The Sporting Gent, Woo Cosmetics and Skincare and Denim House.

Bennett opened her doors on Sept. 26, and she's planning a grand opening on Oct. 24. She moved from Maryland (my home state, FYI) to Charlotte in April along with her husband.

She said her ideas for what to carry in the boutique are influenced by the kind of laid-back celebrity outfits seen in magazine pictures of people such as Kim Kardashian out and about in their daily lives.

"That kind of accessible fashion is what I wanted to bring to Charlotte," said Bennett.

She carries "celebrity brands" such as Artelier by Nicole Miller, Cult of Individuality and Young, Fabulous & Broke.

"I have denim that retails for between $120 and $180," said Bennett, who also carries graphic tees for under $100. "It's a little bit more accessible than your red carpet fashion looks."

Bennett said she would like to carry clothes for men in the future. But for now, she has plans to install a TV in the back of the store for husbands and boyfriends shopping with their mates. And she has another perk for men along for the ride.

"I do have beer to ease the pain," she said. Music to our ears, Trish.


View Larger Map

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good! Hope i find something like!

@Women's Fashion Boutique