Monday, February 2, 2015

Cabela's to open new store March 12

Outdoor sporting goods store Cabela's will open its new Fort Mill location on March 12. 

Doors of the 104,000-square-foot store, situated off I-77 near Carowinds, will open at 10 a.m. after a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony. The company said in a statement that the week of the opening will feature "special appearances, family events, giveaways and more."

When finalized, a full schedule of events will be on Cabela's website.  

In addition to its hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, the store will include a deli, a full-service boat shop, an indoor archery range and a host of other features. 

The company said in December it would hire 225 full- and part-time seasonal employees for the new site, its second South Carolina location. 

2 comments:

tarhoosier said...

Google traffic shows Carowinds, the location of Cabela's is 7 miles from Fort Mill. Carowinds as the location of the store would be so much more correct. No one thinks of Cabela's, Carowinds and Frugal McDougal as Fort Mill.

MW said...

I've always thought of the area as Fort Mill. Maybe it's because of the many exit signs on I-485, or the fact that my grandpappy is buried there, but I think I know that Cabelas is in Fort Mill.

If it's not, what are you saying, they are in Charlotte? I am glad the author did not try to lump this area into Charlotte.