Fans of the Broadway blockbuster "Wicked" can find a fix at Northlake Mall in the weeks leading up to the national touring production's arrival in Charlotte. The Grammy- and Tony-winning musical, which tells the backstory of the witches of Oz before Dorothy shows up, comes to town May 19 at Ovens Auditorium. But starting today, the shopping center at Interstate 77 exit 18 will host exhibits, cast appearances, prizes and other tie-ins. The events will run until May 10 and include:
- "The World of Wicked" display, in the mall's main court - also home of Santa Claus, at another time of year - where "visitors can walk through Glinda the Good's bubble, view the 'Behind the Emerald Curtain' museum display and take a photo in Oz," the mall says.
- A live performance by members of the touring cast, followed by an autograph session, April 30 at noon.
- "Wicked"-related discounts and specials from about 30 participating mall stores.
- Prize drawings April 26, May 3 and May 10.
- Giveaways of "Wicked"-themed products each Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the promotion.
- "Wicked" merchandise for sale.